Thursday, August 1, 2013

Quick Chicken and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pilaf

~15 min
This recipe was thrown together with a combination of things I had leftover in the fridge. I didn't expect this mixture to taste quite as good as it did. I suspect it had something to do with the copious amounts of garlic and spices in the boxed rice and peppers.

Ingredients for the CRRBPP:
  • one whole roasted red bell pepper (I bought a brand canned in olive oil and garlic)
  • rotisserie chicken
  • zucchini
  • onion
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • olive oil
  • salt to taste
  • pea sized amount of spicy pepper paste- one per serving 
  • boxed rice pilaf (I used: http://www.neareast.com/#products/long_grain_wild_rice_pilaf)
-Roughly chop up the onions and then zucchini into pieces with about the same dimensions. I used a fourth of an onion and an equal amount of  zucchini.
-Add some olive oil to a frying pan and turn on medium heat. When the oil is bubbling add the zucchini and onions. Stir the vegetables around to coat in oil and then let them brown in the skillet by only stirring them every three minutes or so. As soon as they start to brown add the garlic. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
-Now remove a whole roasted red bell pepper from its can and chop it up into slivers. Remove some chunks of rotisserie chicken as well. Throw both the chicken, peppers, and as much of the canned bell pepper juice into the hot frying pan as you want. Mix in a bit of spicy pepper paste then turn the eye down to low and cover until the chicken and peppers are warm. Serve on rice pilaf.

The stir fry: This amount was exactly one serving.

I included olives in my version, however I didn't think they added much to the meal. But that could just be because I don't like olives very much duh durh.



No comments:

Post a Comment