Sunday, November 2, 2014

Breakfast Fruit Compote



~ 5min
Serves 1

I don't know what it is about uncooked breakfasts, but I really dislike them. Eating raw fruit, vegetables, or nuts just doesn't seem to cut it in the morning. Not to mention since my foot problems occurred, I've had to cut down on the carbs to maintain my weight since I can't exercise much.

This compote is a good way to eat a warm satisfying breakfast with lots of good fats and low carbohydrates.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 large apple
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp shredded dehydrated unsweetened coconut

















First melt the oil in a small pot over medium heat.
Cut apple and banana into small chunks and add to the preheated oil. I usually add the apple first and cook it a bit before adding the banana since it cooks faster.

 Stir fry until the apples are mostly cooked.
Add dried coconut.

 Mix and stir fry until the coconut browns. It can burn easily so be careful.
Serve with all of the oil poured on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment